The prototype flew for 25 continuous days, besting its previous record of 14. The Zephyr S HAPS is designed to stay aloft for 100 days. (Photo: Airbus)
Zephyr is a reusable, lightweight (approximately 165 pounds) solar-powered aircraft with a wingspan of 82 feet designed to fly at altitudes up to 70,000 feet continuously for up to 100 days and provide low-cost “local persistence” for a wide variety of applications. This includes maritime surveillance and services, border patrol missions, communications, forest-fire detection and monitoring, environmental disasters such as oil spills, and navigation.
Click Here for full article
Great description, benefits, proper wrench for the job and how to use.
Check it out https://www.doityourself.com/stry/6-types-of-torque-wrenches-explained
Both mechanical and electronic torque wrenches require calibration to receive complete accuracy preventing costly errors. The internal mechanism of the torque wrench can wear, be misused and commonly handled roughly. A torque tester is an a easy conveinant option to ensure consistent accuracy. Torque wrenches are commonly used by several operators. Some may over torque or drop the tool. Over time the torque wrench is giving an incorrect reading and the operator is not aware. With the torque tester you can regularly check the torque wrench. It is a simple, conveinant solution. The checker can be mounted close to wear the torque wrenches are used and stored.
We have found the CDI Digital Torque Tester to be the best. It has many options, is simple to use and is small enough to be mounted just about anywhere.
The features include:
- A range from: 25-250 ft. lbs.
- Function modes: track, first peak and peak.
- Scales in: in. lbs./ ft. lbs/ Nm
- Driving size: 1/2″ (with 3/8″ adapter)
- Mounting: 4x 5/16″ bolt pattern.
- Track: displays torque wrench force as it’s applied and released.
- First Peak: displays the torque force at the “click” of mechanical wrenches, to check their accuracy.
- Peak: displays maximum torque force applied at the wrench. Used to compare digital wrench accuracy and for training torque wrench users in proper technique
The torque tester can save thousands of dollars due to an incorrect reading. It is an easy solution to a costly mistake.
The drones, operated remotely, would be ejected from war ships in the same manner as these fighter jets, the aim being for them to deliver the jets with 15,000 pounds of fuel, 500 nautical miles from the carrier.
Blue Origin, LLC (Blue Origin), is a private company founded by Jeff-Bezos developing vehicles and technologies to enable commercial human space transportation. Blue Origin has a long-term vision of greatly increasing the number of people that fly into space so that we humans can better continue exploring the solar system.
We are excited to see our client expand and increase employment opportunities.
Providing a monthly business meeting offers an opportunity to build trust through information sharing and problem solving.
These are a few examples of discussion:
- Production rates and quality statistics, both expected and experienced.
- Customer feedback, both good and bad.
- How well competitors are doing.
- How well your business is doing financially
- Specific problems your business is having.
- Feedback on the teams overall performance
- The health of the industry
- Whats working well for the team and what’d not.
- Ideas for improving work processes to enhance productivity.
- Suggestions for better working conditions that yield better results.
- Ideas for improving quality.
- Suggestions for needed training.
These discussions bring out important points about how critical information is for problem solving and how every team member has information that can be vital in solving the problem. It also reveals barriers to information that might hold the team back from achieving effective solutions as well as what is working within the business and team.
Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success.”- Henry Ford
The strength of any team is in the diverse talents, skills, values, and personalities of all its members.
The Alaska Airlines Foundation is awarding $161,500 to 15 nonprofits in Alaska and Washington. The mid-year grants are the first of two donations the Alaska Airlines Foundation will make this year.
Click here for full article