Optical Comparators are inspection machines that project magnified images of parts onto a glass screen using illumination sources, lenses and mirrors for the primary purpose of making 2-D measurements.
Using an Optical Comparator allows the technician to see the part from the magnified form up to 50 times the actual size.
Very small radii and other featured can be easily checked when enlarged on the screen. Including thread gages, thread standards and specialized tooling.
This saves time, money and will ensure your gages meet specific federal guidelines.
Do you know if your torque wrench is out of tolerance?
Mechanical and electronic torque wrenches require regular calibration because the internal mechanisms can wear, fatigue or become jolted out of accuracy by a drop or misuse.
CDI, a In Snap-on Industrial Brands has created the New DTC Digital Torque Checker. This new technology offers quick, accurate and affordable way to check your torque wrenches as easy as 1-2-3, taking only a few minutes. Simply mount torque checker close to each department where torque wrenches are used,attach the torque wrench to the checker and the accuracy will be displayed on the digital screen.
Features of this new digital torque checker:
- +- 1% Accuracy
- 1/2″ dr. 25-250 ft.lbs.
- Runs on 3 “AA” batteries
- Includes 3/8″ adapter
- Features excerciser socket
- Adjustable sleep timer
- Track peak and first peak torque force.
The video below will show you the benefits and how to use the Snap-on torque checker which is the same as the CDI Snap-on Industrial brands DTC torque checker.
Robb Precision Tool Services visits Mitutoyo America, Los Angeles for the latest electronic components in precision metrology.
- To implement the new technology Robb Precision Tool Services received educational training at Mitutoyo, the leader in measuring instruments and metrological technology.
- RPTS knows the growing need for higher precision, faster data results, and the ability to store statistics. Robb Precision Tool Services wanted their technicians to have hands on education of these new tools.
- The techs were educated on 2D Linear Height gages, Portable Roughness testers,Digital Micrometers and Calipers, Digital Indicators, Depth Measurement systems, Optical Comparators and Vision Systems, Calibration Equipment and many more.
- The technicians were also introduced to the new Wireless Communication System that can be used on any tool that provides Digimatic data output. Such as, the Digimatic Caliper,Digimatic Micrometer, Digimatic Indicator and Digimatic Height Gauge. The Wireless system will eliminate the need for data cables when sending measurements to a PC. This new technology will make it easier, smoother and more efficient without the cumbersome data cables.
Robert Robb, owner of Robb Precision Tool Services Inc.
“As the requirements for greater accuracy of precision tools are expected, Mitotoyo is meeting these demands. I have had a relationship with Mitutoyo for over 20 years and trust their knowledge and products.”
As a calibration and repair lab, Robb Precision Tool Services understands the need for continued education. With the higher need for accuracy, training in these new technologies is essential to ensure accurate repair and calibration.
To check out more information about Robb Precision Tool Services Inc.,
click on the image below.
- Built in Calibration
- Multi-Sensory Indicators
- Multi-Language Menus
- Quick Release Ratchet
- Convenient Data Download
- Fully Programmable
- Sequence Programming
- Calibration Due Indicator
- Reliable Data Trail
YOU GET TORQUE IN LESS TIME, WITH MORE ACCURACY AND CONTROL
This new line of Electronic Torque Wrenches from CDI Torque Products
is truly revolutionary. They unite torque and angle in a single mode
to provide the most accurate and fastest way to tighten fasteners in
a sequence. In addition to the LED indicator lights, an audible beep
and handle vibration alert you when target torque is achieved.
The rugged all-steel construction is designed to stand up to even
the toughest work conditions. Computorq SG Torque Wrenches are
available with a 1/4″, 3/8″ or 1/2″ drive flex head or a 3/4″ drive fixed
head—all with an easy-to-use plug and play software solution and
highly programmable features.
CDI Torque Products, a Snap-on company is the largest private labeled torque manufacturer in the world. CDI Torque Products have the same accuracy and are assembled right alongside the Snap-On wrenches.